• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
That1Dane

TU1M 1.1 very hard time with cold starts

That1Dane

hello 205gti drivers, i have been lurking in here for a good while but now i need your expertise

my 1992 1.1 Tu1m colorline is having a very hard time cold starting, i have to turn the key for very long and give the pedal some stomps to make it start, when i fires up i have to keep my foot on the pedal otherwise the RPM¨s go so low that it just cuts out.

the problem started after i changed my headgasket (as you do on TU engines lol)  belts and spark plugs.  i had a friend look at it with a timing light to see if the timing was off and corrected it, ive checked that all spark plug wires are put on right both on the distributor and on the plugs.

ive thought about fidling with the injection, but i dont want to make it worse than it is right now.

anybody have similar problems or know any fixes?

Edited by That1Dane

DamirGTI

Had something similar on a Saxo 1.1 once , while washing the head after skimming there was some water/moisture left trapped inside the ECU temp. sensor  connector which interrupt the sensor signal ... was very hard to start and once started was running bad too .

Sprayed some contact cleaner on the sensor and sensor plug and all went back to normal .

Odd one a bit i know , but easy to check ...

D

• Thanks 1