• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rmarchezini

Tu3m and tu3jp compatibility

rmarchezini

Hello guys! I own a 1995 205 xs (xsi here), but the single point injection os a pain to deal with, there are no parts available to buy. The norma and regulations here in Brazil make It very hard and expensive to swap the whole engine. With that in mind, I was wondering If I could "plug and play" the tu3jp head, so that I can fit an aftermarket multi point injection. Thanks a lot

SRDT

It should work but I don't know if the old pistons are a good match with the new head, keep also in mind that there is more than one kind of TU3JP.

Some TU5 heads can fit too, Peugeot used the same one on the 1.4 and 1.6 106 XSi.

You could also use the head with the corresponding pistons and rods, if so try to find a TU3JP+ (updated). The original rod and piston design is even older than the TU itself (direct carryover from the X engine) so the updated parts are significantly better, they are lighter with longer rods.

welshpug

the xsi and rallye heads were early J2's not JP.

rmarchezini
On 12/14/2020 at 5:51 PM, SRDT said:

It should work but I don't know if the old pistons are a good match with the new head, keep also in mind that there is more than one kind of TU3JP.

Some TU5 heads can fit too, Peugeot used the same one on the 1.4 and 1.6 106 XSi.

You could also use the head with the corresponding pistons and rods, if so try to find a TU3JP+ (updated). The original rod and piston design is even older than the TU itself (direct carryover from the X engine) so the updated parts are significantly better, they are lighter with longer rods.

I see.. I'll take a look at the new pistons and rods.  thank you for the tip, in a month or two I share how it went

Edited by rmarchezini