• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Driveshaft brands to avoid?

davemar

I think my RH driveshaft is playing up. When I brake firmly to a stop, or sometimes when I pull away I get a clunk.

It's either the inner joint of the RH driveshaft as there's a little bit of play there, or the lower engine mount, but that's new (might just be a poor make). 

So I'm looking at possibly replacing the driveshaft and want to avoid anything rubbish. I've seen Shaftec ones for sale, are they any good? Any other makes that are good or should be avoided?

The driveshafts are standard 205 1.9 GTi ones.

davemar

Not sure why this post appeared now, I thought I posted it weeks ago. Anyway, I'm still keen on an answer :)

SRDT

One thing you can try is to look at what they have for the 309, if it's the same cheap part for the 1.6, diesel and GTI then they probably use the weak ones and will do the same for the 205 GTI 1.9.

The driveshaft should also have a castellated nut secured by a pin, unlike the weak ones.