• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205ash

GTI Fuel pump housing

205ash

Hi all,

I have an issue with the rubber part that fits between the OEM fuel pump and the housing itself which is split meaning the car down on fuel pressure as the fuel is leaking back into the tank (part outlined below)

Are there any other models which share the same housing as the 205 GTI or models with different housings but can still be used in the 205 GTI tank? I am struggling to source a 2nd hand 205 GTI one and I don't want to be paying silly money for a whole new unit when it is just the small rubber part which has failed, I will probably be upgrading the pump itself while its out anyway.

1506514_396794870508690_3573155324344193615_n.thumb.jpg.6263c5b351e70759654ea49a22fdd0fd.jpg

PhilNW

Would have thought you would be able to replace the pipe with a short section of injection rated rubber fuel pipe. You will need to get the pump out of the housing.

Looks like the earlier pump from the photo

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/1/14L50A.HTM

Edited by PhilNW

welshpug

its not a straight piece of hose, the housing end is lots bigger than the pump itself.

205ash

as Welshpug said, its not a straight hose annoyingly, its this piece in the diagram:

Untitled.png.df20287c5b0e26f5c13bc88e233be47b.png

Gohn

I've taken out a couple of the later version fuel pumps from the 1.6l petrol 205's

maybe that's an option ?

you could probably get a whole unit (housing and pump) from a car in a breakers yard. may need to check fitment is same early v later versions but the elec plug and pipes look the same and the flat top and screw holes look the same too