• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lukas

ML5 pull to push conversion?

Lukas

Hello!

For my ongoing project i need some info about gearboxes. I had built 16v 2.0HDi into 206pug, using stock BE3/4 gearbox, with custom made clutch kit to hold +500nm.

Now i am building 2.2HDi engine which as standard uses ML5 gearbox with pull type clutch, which is different to my custom made clutch which uses push type system.

So my question is, is there any way to convert ML5 gearbox from pull type to push type system?

It's a shame i can't use whole BE3/4 gearbox setup on this 2.2HDi engine...

SRDT

I guess they used a pull type to pass more torque like they did with the BE3 215mm clutch.

With the old 2.2 HDI tall block you can't use a EW or regular DW bellhousing right? For what I can see all 2.2 HDI had the same type of clutch, even the 8v.

welshpug

its still a push slave so it will work with the 206 hydraulics fine.

Lukas

I wanted to use my custom made clutch kit, which is push type. But now i see i have no options, because input shafts are also different...

So here comes another question.. Single Mass Flywheel clutch kit for 2.2HDi diesel. Are there any factory options, or only aftermarket ones? I think Boxer Van with 2.2HDi 8v uses single mass flywheel, but also the gearbox code is different - MLGU. Would this clutch kit be compatible with 2.2HDi 16v ML5T?

SRDT, yeah.. 2.2HDi uses same bellhousing as ES9, afaik.

welshpug, car is LHD, which had hydraulic clutch only on 1.6HDi, all other engines used cable clutch. So still need to convert to hydraulics using 1.6HDi pedalbox.

Maybe moderators could change topic to something like "2.2HDi ML5 gearbox info", as the discussion would be a little bit different..

SRDT

Even if the Boxer clutch can fit you won't find a racing one.

There is a 6 speed sequential dog box based on the ML called the MV, I think they used a twin disc setup with a hydraulic release bearing, at least on powerfull cars like the 306 Maxi.

Lukas
37 minutes ago, SRDT said:

Even if the Boxer clutch can fit you won't find a racing one.

There is a 6 speed sequential dog box based on the ML called the MV, I think they used a twin disc setup with a hydraulic release bearing, at least on powerfull cars like the 306 Maxi.

No problems with customising the clutch, but i want to go Single Mass. I saw SMF kits of the shelf, but they're a bit pricey.. Has anyone any experience with 2.2HDi upgraded aftermarket clutches?

SRDT

The Boxer flywheel is PN: 0532.L7, I don't know is Fiat as using this engine for the Ducato.

B1ack_Mi16

SMF conversion for 2.2 HDi, search for:

Valeo 835008

Lukas
On 12/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, B1ack_Mi16 said:

SMF conversion for 2.2 HDi, search for:

Valeo 835008

Thank you!