• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gohn

scorched earth

Gohn

er

this is, or was, the little horn earth from behind the LeftFront headlight

runs from underneath the LF earth cluster to the horn

just noticed it as I was bolting on front bumper

ive made up a replacement to put in but if I dont know how I did it I may just do it again

none of the other earth wires in the cluster are effected at all and I ran a lights/indicators check and they're all good

the horn does not sound so once I put the new earth in I'll check its operating normally again too

its not the little Fiamm black horn but a red double bunger horn with some kind of vacuum can put on by an earlier owner. not sure if that's aftermarket and ive never heard it make a peep yet

suspected causes are

it got fried when the welder was putting my relocated brake brackets onto the wheelarch ?

or when I shorted the stop solenoid line at first startup ?

either way its recent cause I just gave both LF and RF earth clusters a good cleanup

suggestions from anyone with more confidence in the area appreciated, and reassurance that I'm not gunna somehow find a way to fry the whole bloody loom next time..

friedwire.jpg

Ozymandis

That is exclusively for earthing the horn/horns. I`d be wary of any added Carlos Fandango horns that weren't original fitment.

Gohn

thanks jay

put the new earth line in and bingo !

it works great but its more powerful than the other little 205 ones so will be used sparingly

whoever put it in wired its own relay to it and the separate cannister is maybe an air pump ? with two clear hoses one to each horn? its like a chorus with one higher, one lower note . the ABBA of horns

could it be original spec from a GTi ?

the car was Si converted to a 1.6GTi somewhere in the past with bits added

ive got an original spare but I had to spend hours with the bracket on the current one to make sure it all fits in the cavity neatly so I'd rather not start cutting wires unless it has problems

still no idea how I managed to burn out that earth