• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTIfan

205CTI worth restoring?

GTIfan

Hi everyone I’m looking at getting a 205CTi (because can’t quite justify a GTI). I’ve seen a 1.6 for what looks a reasonable price but needs quite a lot of work doing (dents pulling, rip to hood, uneven idle, previous welding and electrical gremlins with not all dashboard lights/fans working). But with MOT. What are your thoughts in terms of leaving alone and spending more to get a solid one? I can do a reasonable amount of usual DIY myself but don’t want to end up with a project that doesn’t get done! TIA 

Leslie green

It will be cheaper to buy a decent one to start with than fix a  bad one , from the description you have given id leave that one well alone ,what about a 1,6 auto ? its as near as you will get to a gti without the price tag and you can always stick the Gti kit on if you want.

Edited by Leslie green

Gohn

give the CTi a wide berth

get the nicest one with a lid you can afford, 3 door if possible

duurtlang

I would first try to look at what you want to use the car for. I had a gti 1.6 and a cti 1.6 at the same time for a while. I ended up using the cti much more often. Mostly because I not only like how a 205 drives, but I also like driving with the convertible top opened. I drove my cti through France and Italy last summer (2019) for example.

Track toy: gti

Weekend cruiser: cti.