• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Boot Central locking

Telf

Steeples,

Heres the pics of my boot lock

You can see the actuator,  lock and the bar is missing.

You can see the fitted positions.

The bar connects the lock mechanism (the plastic bit) to the actuator. 

Hope this helps

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-789292311.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-57169553.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1605024348472_6731960044897514118.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1605024387331_6731960207884319948.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1683315289.jpeg

stepples

Thanks Telf, just been to look at mine and this is what I have left! 

You can see where they have put a wire through to pull to open the lock!

20201110_184529.jpg

Telf

Having trouble getting my head round that.  Looks like it needs replacing. I think I've got a spare lock mechanism knocking around. 

stepples

It looks to me like I have this bit and the metal wire attached to the bit sticking out of the top

Screenshot_20201110-225846_eBay.jpg

stepples

However I don't have this plastic bit that I think I can see in your photos and not idea how to fit it without the actual lock

Screenshot_20201110-225905_eBay.jpg

Tom Fenton

The button just pushes on the lever sticking out of the latch. You need the button and the metal fork clip to fasten it into the tailgate to make it work. To reinstate central locking you need the actuator and the link rod, although the link rod is very simple and could be easily made from some stiff wire.

Telf

What tom just said!

Like I say I am sure I've got a boot lock complete . They may be on ebay , not sure. 

Telf

The plastic bit rotates and pushes the bar to lock and unlock the mechanism.  Really basic design

stepples

Amazing, thanks guys. So I have a central locking kit which I have installed on the doors and the actuators lined up perfectly with the original holes so boot should be the same. 

As you have said I think I need to buy the plastic circular part as that will attach to the actuator and then push on the lever to unlock the boot......right?

I will also need the fork to attach the plastic circular part to the boot.

Does that sound right?

Many thanks. I'm trying to find all this out with no previous knowledge and lots of parts missing or hacked apart by the previous owner.

stepples

Brilliant thanks. I guess I will buy the lock including the fork and plastic circular bit then try to remove the lock part so it will attach to the inside of my boot.

stepples

That arrived quickly!

20201114_151857.jpg

stepples

So I will need to try and modify this to get it to fit given that the boot is smoothed.

Next problem though is once I click the button to activate the lock, how do I get it to move out so I can open the boot!