• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Moby

Radiator Warning light

Moby

Hi. There’s a red warning light on my 205 dash , looks like a radiator. It comes on for a few days then Goes off for a few days. I’ve done the obvious like checking water etc but that’s ok. Could it be a pressure fault or something. Would draining it all and then re filling with new antifreeze and water top up help ? 
many advice would help. 
thanks in advance 

Anthony

That's the low coolant level warning light, assuming it's the one below the battery/charge light in the centre of the instrument panel?

If the coolant level is definitely OK, then it's possibly a dodgy/failing sensor, possibly shorting wiring or, in the case of the Ph2 black expansion tanks, the sensor can be falsely triggered by HT interference.

Simes

If it’s the phase one sensor take it out and clean it up. Shake it around and watch rusty crap come out.

Moby

Yes Anthony, it’s that light. It’s a phase 1.5. I’ll try checking the sensor and see wot happens

cheers.