• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

MAN1C.J0KER

Seats - what else fits easily?!

MAN1C.J0KER

Recently joined the 205GTi fold after wanting one since they came out...   ...when I was far too young to buy or insure one!

I have now got a great project car that is not perfect, so I want to improve it. The big area that lets it down is the interior....    ...particularly the seats. The half leather seats are really tired and split in a few places. Tried to find some decent genuine seats to replace them with, but they are either silly money or just as knackered as mine! 

My question is:

Do any other seats directly fit the 205 - particularly the rear bench? I have heard all sorts of rumours about 206 seats fitting straight-in along with some Citro*n models....    ...is this true or is the only way to get decent seats is to get them reupholstered? I'd love to be able to get something suitable that will make the interior look so much better. I don't really want to butcher any seats or the car!

Advice / Suggestions please....

Telf

Hi,

You can buy the foams and replacement leathers- not the cheapest option however!

If you can get a original replacement seat (either side) you can take them to bits and make a good one fairly easily. Alternatively if you don't mind cloth seats you will see 205 GTI cloth seats come up occasionally for sale . I've seen a couple in the last 6 months or so. 

welcome btw!

artois7

Theres a guy on the FB pages that put heated rx8 leathers on the 205 runners, looked ace. Rear benches can generally be found cheap enough, it's the fronts that are hard to find. 

MAN1C.J0KER

Thanks Telf - the only seats I have seen for sale recently were as knackered as mine. Seems they are also big money too! Think mine are probably too knackered. Done some more investigation and apparently 309 seats might fit, but they are just as hard to find in decent condition! 

Bloody nightmare!

MAN1C.J0KER
1 minute ago, artois7 said:

Theres a guy on the FB pages that put heated rx8 leathers on the 205 runners, looked ace. Rear benches can generally be found cheap enough, it's the fronts that are hard to find. 

RX8 seats sound good and they are pretty cheap and certainly easier to find than 205 seats (!!!) but ideally I want all the seats to match, so it kind of looks stock factory.

artois7
1 minute ago, MAN1C.J0KER said:

RX8 seats sound good and they are pretty cheap and certainly easier to find than 205 seats (!!!) but ideally I want all the seats to match, so it kind of looks stock factory.

You may have more luck finding a complete set of 309 goodwood leathers which will be easy enough to adapt the runners to fit a 205. You'll get the look you're after that way.

MAN1C.J0KER
Just now, artois7 said:

You may have more luck finding a complete set of 309 goodwood leathers which will be easy enough to adapt the runners to fit a 205. You'll get the look you're after that way.

Sounds good, but nothing I can find at the moment - even normal 309 GTi or similar.

Telf

post some pics of your seats so we can see how bad they are. might make it easier to advise

Telf

I say that because mine looked completely shagged but i got them back to reasonable condition for not much money.

what budget do you have?

MAN1C.J0KER
15 minutes ago, Telf said:

post some pics of your seats so we can see how bad they are. might make it easier to advise

Will take some pics and post 'em up when I get a minute. Seen a couple of listings for 205 seats but they are just as knackered as mine or bl**dy expensive! As most seem to have foam that's collapsed, fabric/leather that's really worn or falling apart, I thought it would be easier to find some 'newer' seats that might fit with not too much problem. 309 seats apparently fit straight in, but finding a decent set of them is the same as trying to find 205 seats as obviously they were from the same era.

Think I might look at RX8 seats and get the back seats recovered the same...   ...but again, more aggravation and cost than I wanted.

Telf

Heres mine . They cost about £300 to make reasonable but they aren't perfect. RX8 seats would look decent. 

20201001_141856.jpg

20201001_141931.jpg

MAN1C.J0KER
4 minutes ago, Telf said:

Heres mine . They cost about £300 to make reasonable but they aren't perfect. RX8 seats would look decent. 

20201001_141856.jpg

20201001_141931.jpg

They look superb! Think I might have to look at getting mine reupholstered. I am however tempted by some RX8 seats and getting the centres  covered in the 205 fabric. Do you know if that is available anywhere to buy new?

Telf

you can buy the fabric online . 205gticovers.com

Telf
3 minutes ago, MAN1C.J0KER said:

They look superb

no they really aren't , they are ok. 6/10 maybe - fitted for 2 years and I've managed to tear the drivers right on the top corner- you can see it in the pic. They are old and worn like most seats out there. I'm looking to replace mine but even in the condition id be wanting reasonable money if i sold them.

Seats are a nightmare for 205s i think. Ive seen a few pics of the seats available from various sources on ebay- to me they seem a bit baggy or overstuffed , never seem right. Id rather have a set of original tatty than some of the replacement/refurbished efforts knocking about.

SRDT

On front you can also use 405 seats, Peugeot used the Mi16 frame and foam on the 309 and those made for really nice seats.

DamirGTI
3 hours ago, SRDT said:

..and those made for really nice seats.

Indeed ! i remember them being nice ones , sporty and comfy seats best of both ... mi16 seats even had an adjustable top side supports .

XM leather seats look very neat in the 205 , but a touch too big and lacking the side supports .. 306 S16/GTi seats can also be made to fit both front and rear as well (though , rears need some work to "fit in" as i've heard) .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

SRDT

Yes the adjustable top sides on the driver's seat are really great, not everyone can fit right on a 205 GTI seat.

Strangely you won't find "Mi16" seats with full leather on a 405, the regular 405 leather seats are not as sporty and the Mi16 with leather seats uses the bottom part of the regular seats.

speno

I put some audi a3 seats in mine back in 2005