• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HoRSiCZeK

1.9 rallye engine part identification

HoRSiCZeK

Hi there guys,

please does somebody know what is this metal pipe part? Its going down, towards exhaust and under the car....

And about second picture, the smaller box is with relays I think? And what is the bigger box closer to the drivers light? 

1.9 jetro rallye 

thx for any advice

120760983_885353675205515_1386414054617298172_n.jpg

120858858_333509661208484_2727637006766445784_n.jpg

Thijs_Rallye

Measuring pipe for adjusting idle CO volume percentage. The pipe is fitted pre-kat, since measuring and adjusting CO post cat would be pointless.

For the other two, open them and you'll find out.

Edited by Thijs_Rallye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

HoRSiCZeK
8 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

Measuring pipe for adjusting idle CO volume percentage. The pipe is fitted pre-kat, since measuring and adjusting CO post cat would be pointless.

For the other two, open them and you'll find out.

oh such a surprise!!! that CO measuring would be pointless after cat, that really helped me... and I will sure find out whats inside those boxes just by looking at it, for sureeee man... dont know why u spend time answering me like that, but looks like its your way to do, so enjoy...

so again guys, please can someone tell me what is the bigger box closer to the headlamp? and where do you replace that box when using direct air intake? thx for any (usable :D ) advice, I dont want to screw smthng when I will go to striping parts etc....

SRDT
9 hours ago, HoRSiCZeK said:

the smaller box is with relays I think?

Nope, no relays inside the small box.

As for where to move them i don't know. I'm a 309 guy and even if the boxes are the same they are not in the way like in a 205.

bacardincoke

Larger box is for the relays that operate the twin fan set up...

• Like 1

Thijs_Rallye
9 hours ago, HoRSiCZeK said:

oh such a surprise!!! that CO measuring would be pointless after cat, that really helped me... and I will sure find out whats inside those boxes just by looking at it, for sureeee man... dont know why u spend time answering me like that, but looks like its your way to do, so enjoy... 

so again guys, please can someone tell me what is the bigger box closer to the headlamp? and where do you replace that box when using direct air intake? thx for any (usable :D ) advice, I dont want to screw smthng when I will go to striping parts etc....

Ok, I'll bite. If you had opened the box you already would've seen that one contains relays, the other fuses. It is an eighties era car, not a high tech space ship. If you cannot make out a relay from a fuse then working on vehicles might not be for you.

Intonation gets lost in plain text so it might have come across harsher as intended, in that case my apologies. I'll skip answering them next time.

HoRSiCZeK
5 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

Ok, I'll bite. If you had opened the box you already would've seen that one contains relays, the other fuses. It is an eighties era car, not a high tech space ship. If you cannot make out a relay from a fuse then working on vehicles might not be for you.

Intonation gets lost in plain text so it might have come across harsher as intended, in that case my apologies. I'll skip answering them next time.

all good bro, I understand your way, I am just getting sure to do not screw or replace something somewhere wrong etc, nothing more.... and yes I am not studied car engineer (biomedical technics here :D ), so I try to measure twice and cut once, so I ask before I do smthng, thats all ;) 

• Like 1

HoRSiCZeK

ok boxes etc aknowledged, thx alot! 

and what about this please? both intake shortener making guides dont mention this 3rd hose coming to it after.... so whats this for please?  connected to air route hose after SAD and before throttle body

I am sorry if I am annoying with those questions guys, but czech translated manual for 205 isnt very detailed

120939533_340612897364797_8590548598108501264_n.jpg

SRDT

Fuel vapour canister. On a non cat engine there is none and the fuel tank is vented directly to the atmosphere:

2C15B10A.gif

HoRSiCZeK
9 hours ago, SRDT said:

Fuel vapour canister. On a non cat engine there is none and the fuel tank is vented directly to the atmosphere:

2C15B10A.gif

I was betting with my friend that its a tank ventilation, he was saying it isnt :) thx!