• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Gearbox Speedo converter part

Telf

Hi all .

Does anybody have or know where I can get the Speedo sender unit.- the bit that attaches to the gearbox that the cable connects to.

My Speedo has the classic wobble but it's got really really bad. I could be doing 25 or 35 mph. The cable is new so having never had a drama with the instrument I'm thinking it must be the sender from the gearbox. 

Thanks

Paul

miamigtimark

One on eBay now . It’s a dual pickup but it will fit. Not sure if the red cog comes with it though. Doubtful.

88DAC846-3A53-434C-8D34-52C4A50900DC.png

Edited by miamigtimark
Add info
  • Thanks 1

welshpug

cogs are a dealer only part I think, the housings are a separate part and readily available with the 2 and 3 wire sensors, dont recall ever seeing the cable only part for a 205 available other than with the dealers as well.

Telf

Rather than deploy the parts cannon I took the sender out yesterday. Could t find any play in it at all. I  cleaned it all up and reinserted the cable then refitted the unit. Voila it's now gone back to a minor oscillation eg 29-31 mph and fine above 50. Problem solved!

Edited by Telf