• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Struggling to fit this...

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

I can't seem to fit the top part of the steering wheel cowling. I can only see that I'd have to bend it really hard to get the screw hole mounts through the metal holes of the steering column. It's there a certain way to do this or is it a pray I don't break it job?

Thanks

20200704_161213.jpg

Telf

It can be a pig to do. I usually loosen the steering column nuts so it drops a tiny amount . You can get it in place easily then. With everything tight it's quite hard.

Tom Fenton

As above. Slacken the 4 off 11mm

nuts. The studs are quite long so it will drop down quite a bit. Peugeot thoughtfully put holes in the plastics so you can get to them easily.

DSYKES5500

Thanks  will I have to torque them back up or will "tight" do?

I'll have the dash finished today! :)I've used the anti squeak tape on all pieces that come into contact with something and I bet you think I'm lying because it's a 205 but they're are zero rattles from it and it feels solid. 

davemar

I always try and put as much effort into tightening up as they took to undo. It's not like they'll be rusted up nuts that need some abuse to undo in that location.

Zero rattles, or just a loud enough exhaust and stereo to drown them out? :)

Philpooma
On 7/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, DSYKES5500 said:

Thanks  will I have to torque them back up or will "tight" do?

I'll have the dash finished today! :)I've used the anti squeak tape on all pieces that come into contact with something and I bet you think I'm lying because it's a 205 but they're are zero rattles from it and it feels solid. 

Zero squeaks and rattles, now thats an admirable target.....Good luck.

I do however think that there are lots of noises that you can eliminate from the car. The number of wires that I have found just hanging loosely in a great position for tapping on internal bodywork and trim when I’m disassembling is huge. Especially the rear loom passing through the rear 1/4 panel.

No matter how hard you try though, there is always some noise that you just cant track down ;)