• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

A5H13Y81

Lambda sensor connections Bosch Motronic ecu

A5H13Y81

I have a 1993 PH2 and the previous owner had the Cat removed and the Lambda sensor wires... for the life of me I can't find where they have been cut??

has anyone got any idea how I can trace them back? I am only guessing they have been cut out as it was a diy job so I don't think the wires would have been removed fully from the loom. 

I have no Idea if I am looking for wires running to fuse box or ecu or both? or at what point they would split from the loom.

Thanks for your help

DamirGTI

Take the battery out and see if there's any bits left around LH chassis leg , there's 4 wires for the O2 sensor and they go deep down the LH chassis leg till the floor base .

If there's none left , go by the wiring diagram :

Screenshot from 2020-07-02 23-48-14.png

A5H13Y81

Do you mean they run inside the chassis leg? Battery is out and I can see nothing running down the outside. 

I have the diagram and have been trying to trace the wires for 2 days. 

petert

I have a loom out of a car. I'll take some pics for you.

pug_ham
On 7/3/2020 at 7:00 AM, A5H13Y81 said:

Do you mean they run inside the chassis leg? Battery is out and I can see nothing running down the outside. 

I have the diagram and have been trying to trace the wires for 2 days. 

No, They won't run inside the chassis leg.

There should be two plugs (blue & white possibly iirc) that come out of the engine ecu loom near where the gearbox bolts the block but as Damir said, they might have been tucked away elsewhere in the engine or gearbox area.

g.

welshpug

red and white 2 pin plugs for the lambda sensor  one of the two uses a shielded wire from memory, like the crank sensor.

DamirGTI

306/405/605 , AX/ZX/XM/Xanita had red and white plugs on the O2 sensor .

205 1.9 DKZ has blue and black :

IMG_8930.JPG

petert

It took longer than I'd thought to find it and unfortunately the two plugs are missing. However, the wires leave the main harness in this smaller bundle, straight after the firewall. They make their way parallel with the brake lines, towards the coolant header tank, before dropping to the downpipe. There is a +12V and GND for the heater circuit, along with a black two core (red & green) shielded cable for the signal wires.

IMG_9562.JPG

A5H13Y81

Amazing this is a great help! I’ll get the insulation tape off and see what I can find.