• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kes205

Oil temperature sensor install on es9j4 v6

kes205

Hi

I have a 205 cti with a v6 conversion and I am just in the middle if sorting the sensors.  I have worked it all out mostly apart from where to install oil temperature sensor. I was going to install a oil sandwich plate and put the 205 oil temperature sensor in that. The issue is all the oil sandwich plates have 1/8 npt ports and the 205 oil temperature sensors are either m16 or m14. I have searched but cannot find a male 1/8 npt to female m14 or m16 adaptor anywhere. 

I then thought I would just use a 1/8 npt oil temperature sensor but cant find out what the resistance values are for standard 205 sensor to make sure they are similar so the gauge works with new sensor.  

speaksgeek

Can't you drill and tap the 1/8 npt hole out to M14 or M16? It would work better than an adapter bush anyway, because the tip of the sensor wants to be in the oil flow.

kes205

Oh yeah that's a good idea. I have a tap and die set I can have a go at cutting the thread. Just worries about ruining the new oil sandwich plate. 

Thinking about it I could put the oil temperature sensor where the oil pressure switch was going to be. Then I could get a 1/8 npt oil pressure switch and dont have to worry about resistance as just a switch. 

welshpug

they already have an oil temperature sensor.

Tom Fenton

Be careful about “m14” “m16”. The oil sensors are almost certainly not standard pitch m14 or m16 and are likely to be finer pitch.

kes205

Yeah they do have a oil temperature sensor but I think it's inbuilt with the oil level sensor which looks like it's not screwed in but has some push fit connector.  So dont think I can take it off and install the oil temp sensor from a 205.  Or is the resistance of the oil temp compatible with the 205 instrument cluster. 

welshpug

205 gauge hasn't got numbers so it doesnt matter if its a bit off, saves messing with adapters

kes205

Oh ok will use the old one. Just wondered if the resistance scale was so different the gauge wouldn't move or just go straight to max.