• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pedro231

EW10J4 to EW10J4S upgrade possible?

pedro231

Is it possible to take the EW10J4 with 133-ish hp and match it up with the EW10J4S head to produce 177-ish hp? Would the block and head match? I'm aware that internal parts may differ in quality, i have that in my mind on a to-do list if this idea is possible. The reason behind my question is the inability to get my hands on the original EW10J4S engine legally for my daily.

welshpug

ues but you wont have vvt control on your 138 engine.

dcc

if you are chasing 177bhp then you may do well in just using the entire 138 engine and fitting some cams, exhaust manifold and if permissible you can fit throttle bodies.

pedro231
5 hours ago, welshpug said:

ues but you wont have vvt control on your 138 engine.

why would i lose the vvt control? i should have probably mentioned that i will use the rc/gti180 ecu for that purpose, will i still have the vvt with that?

3 hours ago, dcc said:

if you are chasing 177bhp then you may do well in just using the entire 138 engine and fitting some cams, exhaust manifold and if permissible you can fit throttle bodies.

how would the engine perform under a turbocharger, with those mods you've mentioned? my end goal is 200-220hp after i get used to the 170-180 NA idea.

worth mentioning as well, i was meaning to use all internals from the 180 engine, some sort of a budget build phase 1, phase 2 would be the turbo, that's the oversimplified version of my project.

dcc

dont know sorry

pedro231
12 hours ago, dcc said:

dont know sorry

was worth asking :D

hopefully someone did this thing to share his experience

JeffR

Pedro, talk to tuuba on here. He's done forced induction on an EW engine and could probably answer most of your questions.

https://www.205gtidrivers.com/forums/topic/157497-engine_work-205-19gti-tic-ew10j4s-tic/