• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Fans on after a drive and other weird stuff

DSYKES5500

Hi all, I went out yesterday and I had some strange things happen in the 205. 

Firstly, I got caught out in a flash rain storm, a car on the opposite side of the road went through a huge puddle and I went right over me, I had to whack the wipers on fast to clear it. Straight after though, the windscreen fogged up on the inside and took a while to get rid off it, why would this happen?

The oil pressure gauge started bouncing around all over at about 60mph, the red light didn't come on though. After that it stayed at a low level. 

The trip doesn't reset when the button is pressed. I've found a guide on here but it looks a bit daunting, is there anywhere I can send it to get fixed? Anyone on here able to do it?

I've managed to find the source of a huge vibration between 1500 and 2000rpm. It's the inner frame above your head where the roof skin meets it at the front. If I pull or push on the metal it stops. Has anyone else had this and been able to fix it?

Lastly (sorry!) When I got home and switched off, the fans at the front were on and stayed on a good 5 minutes. It's a twin setup, done before I bought it and the loom from the second fan seems to be joined into the first.   I've added a pic of the dash taken when it was happening. I checked under the bonnet, radiator and top and bottom hoses were hot, intake manifold was very hot. I have the Ted band sensor in the radiator. It had been driving ok, no issues. I tried to turn it back on but all I got was the sound of the starter clicking but no attempt to turn the engine over. After a few minutes I tried again, it turned over but took a good 10 seconds to start. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

20200617_190348.jpg

20200616_202349.jpg