• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Myles

Tarmac 205 Heaven

Myles

No torsion bars on the saxo above!

Does that mean it’s just the arb holding the arms into the beam?? 

R48.4.1- Retain the operating principle ie .keep tbs and dampers as per Peugeot intended
              - Utilise the mounting points as per manufacturers: ie . Satchell kit with additional coilovers and mounting points

You can pick the bones of that all you wish ,so with the same view , the new “ Gleave kit “will

retain as above , utilise as above and have additional coilovers as above operating vertically at the hub in turrets .

Shouldn’t need a cat 2 if you look at it like that!!! 

Myles

A bit more done on the bonnet mould over the weekend 

1. Tooling resin curing in the sun

2. The front edge is having a small return to give strength and be comfortable to open so needs a two part mould here

so we can get it apart! 
Hope to have a carbon bonnet made by the end of August 

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

maxirallye
On 7/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Myles said:

No torsion bars on the saxo above!

Does that mean it’s just the arb holding the arms into the beam?? 

R48.4.1- Retain the operating principle ie .keep tbs and dampers as per Peugeot intended
              - Utilise the mounting points as per manufacturers: ie . Satchell kit with additional coilovers and mounting points

You can pick the bones of that all you wish ,so with the same view , the new “ Gleave kit “will

retain as above , utilise as above and have additional coilovers as above operating vertically at the hub in turrets .

Shouldn’t need a cat 2 if you look at it like that!!! 

Myles, the Saxo owner has chosen to remove the torsion bars, however we recommend keeping them in place, but small diameter.
The issue with turrets under Cat 1 is that you are not allowed to make alterations to the shell, so therefore are not allowed to cut and fabricate the actual turret. 

Spesh
On 6/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Tom Fenton said:

Bilstein fixed platform dampers 160lb springs, standard roll bar

Rose jointed bottom arms adjusted to 1.5 deg camber

Bridgecraft caster washers

Tom, whats the deal with the caster washers please? I need to get some more caster in mine with fixed billys

Tom Fenton
1 hour ago, Spesh said:

Tom, whats the deal with the caster washers please? I need to get some more caster in mine with fixed billys

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202799615476

Doesn’t give a huge amount, but every little helps. Moves the rear wishbone pick up out which in turn pushes the balljoint forwards. Easy enough to do if you are competent with a welder and die grinder. Contact Allanallen on here to buy direct.

mmt

Is extra/new plate for the subframe included or du you just grind a big bad oval hole In the original fixing points?

welshpug

its the washers, no extra bits required, they arent just plain washers though.

Edited by welshpug

Tom Fenton
57 minutes ago, mmt said:

Is extra/new plate for the subframe included or du you just grind a big bad oval hole In the original fixing points?

Have you actually looked closely at the pictures?

mmt

How is the caster changed if you only change the washers and not the fixing holes in the frame? 

sorry for being slow. 

Edited by mmt

petert

In regards to the caster/camber, if you have a fixed Bilstein, can you do something like I did? I have fully adjustable arms, but I still laid the strut top back as far as I could.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 6.02.05 pm.png

• Like 1

Spesh
11 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202799615476

Doesn’t give a huge amount, but every little helps. Moves the rear wishbone pick up out which in turn pushes the balljoint forwards. Easy enough to do if you are competent with a welder and die grinder. Contact Allanallen on here to buy direct.

4 minutes ago, petert said:

In regards to the caster/camber, if you have a fixed Bilstein, can you do something like I did? I have fully adjustable arms, but I still laid the strut top back as far as I could.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 6.02.05 pm.png

I've not had a good look but I seem to remember there not being that much space around the top spring pan/mount to move it that far back?  I assume they are self made top mounts?

petert

Yes, I made them. Mine are Bilsteins, so there must be the same amount of clearance. Disregard where the camber is, I run 405 driveshafts.

petert

They're simple to make. Cut out 8mm plate on the plasma cutter. Obviously they need to be handed. If you're handy, you could make a test pair, get a wheel alignment, then adjust drawing for the final pair.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 6.20.50 pm.png

Edited by petert

Tom Fenton

I think Spesh is talking about a fixed platform Bilstein with the OE sized spring. Peter I assume you mean a fixed platform coilover with 2-1/4" spring?

petert

Yes, mine are 2.25”.

Spesh

Yes that was my confusion, I understand now :)

Myles
On 7/27/2020 at 3:34 PM, maxirallye said:

Myles, the Saxo owner has chosen to remove the torsion bars, however we recommend keeping them in place, but small diameter.
The issue with turrets under Cat 1 is that you are not allowed to make alterations to the shell, so therefore are not allowed to cut and fabricate the actual turret. 

Thanks for your reply- Yes cat 2. will be the way to go with this , but as questioned above is it just the arb holding the beam together on the Saxo?? 

Rallying is now back on track!!! Have entry in for Pennine Targa 6th Sept , can’t wait as Clitheroe mc always put on a fantastic event and this has a full 90 car entry with crews from all over the country!

Myles

After the Pennine Targa 10th overall with my lad navigating so quite happy with that and a great day out -90 crews from all over the country very sociable and really competitive .

Going to put an entry in for the first round of the circuit championship at Oulton Park - see how that goes! 

CF3A1F49-49AE-4A2F-B510-85DD488DA220.jpeg

• Like 2

Myles

Not got round to the rear yet - so to speak! 
But have had the front hubs machined by Bridgecraft for camber - excellent job and will rose joint the wishbone ball joint in the very near future, thankyou Allan.

35021BE7-2453-467B-B23A-30FD8DD3BDE4.thumb.jpeg.e64f7d3b33b9e7778c21ea092e928385.jpeg

Currently fighting with the coilover spring platforms as they have seized to the tube but getting there ! New seals on the way from Skip Brown and that should do for now 

D6C58B7D-28A2-424D-9A12-78C5B3B3BBDA.thumb.jpeg.18bbc26d3ce75294a78a92d2d578aa9e.jpeg

No events planned or foreseeable in the current state even the North West Stages has been canned again so will have the rear rebuilt in the new year - so,

Which bearings are recommended  and from where?

What other items like covers and end caps are available?.

And the big question - SHOULD I LOWER IT????

• Like 1

petert

Good job! I've got similar bushes in my Grp A hubs.

Edited by petert

Myles

Got some camber on now A64C4C36-B9A9-419F-9E3D-3488DEEBEBD0.thumb.jpeg.21df05f8456b85b7707dd5452d2cd384.jpegdifficult to tell in the photo but with the level parallel with wheel and then vertical 

7C8094B5-232C-4CEB-BD43-677CE36B25CC.thumb.jpeg.940860ad6363e388e201d138ef22ceb7.jpegDE6E2FB4-3E10-496F-9749-DED5B86735EF.thumb.jpeg.bf3dfadf14ba5c0b2405746e5c9a22cf.jpegWill get a gauge on it next weekend after a little running around and set the toe and suchlike 

• Like 1

Myles

Had about 20miles running about on Saturday and am really pleased with the results , mid corner to exit there is so much more grip than before even having to steer out of bends rather than putting on more lock, which is great , and straight line stability seems to have improved as well! 
Must get the rear arms done now, having decided against the turreting I’m going to rebuild the beam with some 22mm bars  and bigger arb, has anybody made an adjustable linkage for their arb ???

welshpug

there is no linkage on the rear at all, so no, nobody has made an adjustable linkage :blink:

petert

Have a look at what I did for Sweetbadger.

allanallen

Glad to hear of the improvements myles :)

Some Of the 306 and xsara touring cars ran a rose joint arrangement on the anti roll bar levers, as far as I know this was just to accurately wind any preload out of the bar although I’ve seen it mentioned that it was used to preload the bar to aid corner weighting, this I’m not sure about though! 

If you look up cornering force they have done an external rear blade type arb for Peugeot’s. probably a bit circuit orientated to be honest. 

Edited by allanallen