• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Junior1

OE Fuel pump

Junior1

Hi, 

I'm on the lookout for a replacement fuel pump for a 954cc base model car. The original one in the tank was working but the car has been sitting for over 20 years so I'm just going through all the basics to ensure reliability. 

Anyone know wgee to get hold of one that will fit ok, seen a few online but not sure of fitment details and really don't want the hassle of sending stuff back lol

jackherer

I'd keep the original pump if it's still working.

And the same with the fuel hoses too but check they are in good condition. They are superior to most modern fuel hoses and if they haven't had new fuel added for 20 years they will probably have avoided damage due to ethanol!

Junior1

OK so it looks like the original pum is officially sagged. I refitted it today and its completely dead, checked contacts, plug lead and tried to power it off another source. The pump is the enclosed cylinder type with just the plug lead on top. Anyone know where I can get a new unit like for like? 

Junior1
34 minutes ago, Junior1 said:

OK so it looks like the original pum is officially sagged. I refitted it today and its completely dead, checked contacts, plug lead and tried to power it off another source. The pump is the enclosed cylinder type with just the plug lead on top. Anyone know where I can get a new unit like for like? 

Pump and shagged lol

farmer

Send me a PM with details of the car and will look into it