• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Rear side window seals

davemar

Like many of you my rear side window seals have shrunk a fair bit that one of them lets in water now. I know new originals aren't available any more, so I'm pondering making some up from general purpose seals. Having a rummage around online I found these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jumbo-Rubber-Universal-Door-Boot/dp/B00X2UERC2/ref=asc_df_B00X2UERC2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205196357714&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9519655315760926650&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006538&hvtargid=pla-421381298520&psc=1

Has anyone tried these before? They look to be the right sort of size.

I suppose the tricky thing will be the two 90 degree corners and cutting and sticking them together, so some glue the sticks this stuff together would be useful.

miamigtimark

I’ve bought a couple of samples like these previously for the same purpose.

The problem is that the quality isn’t there.

For example the solid part that grips the car is usually weak and the part that sits against the glass when closed is very soft and usually fails after a couple of months in the sun.

davemar

I suppose that's the risk of buying online is that you can't have a good feel of the item to check its quality first. I'm hoping there are some seals out there that are of good enough quality?

dcc

I am 99% sure that 106 rear seals will fit.

I will try get hold of a pair soon to check as mine have also shrunk now in the back of my 205

nixonmi16

Hi 106 rubbers won’t fit there too thin to seal against the glass I just cut mine at the bottom and glued a 1.5in section in from a spare seal until I get round to getting some from the pug museum