• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

duurtlang

Cruise control in a 205 (very basic guide)

duurtlang

In another topic I casually mentioned I have cruise control in my 205. This byline caused some replies, so I thought it would make sense to create a topic about cruise control.

I used a random aftermarket kit, but you can use a kit from another brand as well. Waeco Magicspeed MS-50 is what my kit was called. The important thing is that it's a conventional kit that connects to the throttle cable. I believe these kits are vacuum based. 

I installed this in a CTI with a XU10J2TE swap and the old dashboard (1987), but I imagine it's similar in all 205s.

I wanted a system that look as stock as possible, so I used a genuine PSA cruise control stalk. The control unit that belonged to my cruise control kit was hideous and would look utterly out of place. It only had 3 buttons, and the original 90s PSA stalks only have 3 functions (up, down, pull), so that fits. With these functions I can toggle CC on/off, I can save a speed, I can let it recall the previously saved speed and I can increase/decrease current speed. The one I used came from a Eurovan (806/Evasion/Relay/Ulysses/Zeta), but you can use anything analog. Depending on the model the angle of the stalk might be different, making it easier/more difficult to control it with your hands on the wheel.

I think the pictures kind of speak for themselves. You install the cruise control kit based on the manual of the cruise control kit. However, you replace the aftermarket buttons/stalk with the PSA stalk. Some multimetering will be required.

306 cruise control).jpg

dometic-waeco-geschwindigkeitsregler-tempomat-magic-speed-ms-50-68s050cWCYC7e4Wjcrw_600x600@2x.jpg

IMG_20180726_123005_HDR.jpg

Peugeot 205 CTI turbo - 19.jpg

IMG_20200509_121004.jpg

• Like 3

calvinhorse

This is very cool