• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gregg1980

Supplimentary air device 205 gti

Gregg1980

20200408_184151.jpg

Tom Fenton

OK that is the air bypass. But if the throttle disc and the throttle switch are not set correctly then it still won't be right. In addition is the throttle body and its internal drillings clean inside, as that also causes problems.

Gregg1980

Yea the throttle body has been cleaned out. Not touched the throttle disc, that's not to say my mechanic hasn't. As for the throttle switch,  not touched that and didn't know that switch could be changed/set.

Gregg1980

The thing is, I'm in Australia and this is a UK import. I'm not archaic by any and and learning as I go along. These cars are very rare here and no mechanic here knows the car or has any knowledge about these. Makes it difficult. So I really appreciate any info I gather from you guys, thanks.

Gregg1980

Let me rephrase that....

The thing is, I'm in Australia and this is a UK import. I'm not a mechanic by any means and learning as I go along. These cars are very rare here and no mechanic here knows the car or has very little knowledge about these. Makes it difficult. So I really appreciate any info I gather from you guys, thanks.

jackherer
4 hours ago, Gregg1980 said:

Yea the throttle body has been cleaned out

But to what extent? Has the idle screw been completely removed for cleaning?

welshpug

plenty of other vehicles of that era used jetronic so being a 205 shouldn't be a barrier to finding someone to sort it properly.

SootySport

Bosch Service Centres used to diagnose the old fuel injection systems, used them myself in the 80’s.     Not sure if they are still around.