• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Alan_M

205 GTi 1.6 (Anthony/Feb/Paul_13s old car)

Alan_M

Another project for me!

Some time ago, I bought Paul_13s white 205 GTi as another project alongside my Miami blue Mi16 (long term project – not seen the light of day since 2010!). The car has a long affair with the forum, with ownership under Anthony, and I consequently borrowed this car for a week or two many moons ago, then Feb and finally Paul. Whilst being passed about like shabby old book, the car has had a multitude of different power plants under the bonnet. I think Paul destroyed a couple GTi6s before converting the poor thing to the dark side, diseasal power. This is the car outside Pauls place, and his special 'RX-5' in the background.

AGAGEV43Q-nR4lUZHzGDrOZBje5SBiBZVaOaxbcx

Anyways, the shell is in OK condition with little rust at the bottom of the rear quarters, above the rear quarter windows in the crevice and in the common inner wings.

AOufaVy2kVtlNK1Q6XANmh_mBH5wWAOLCSUUv1T1

AMa4ikGBDbUo9llMXTgm_i30wB_a3W8D12fKCULP

AKld8WPZQ4HfMG8502r2wegM9FVrw2lFd5ruWkzM

Plan is to get it back to a standard-ish car with a few choice modifications and give the rot a good going over. 90% sure I will chuck a 1.6 back into it, this was supplied with the car but had no compression in one cylinder and the block has had the above water pump repair, overhaul the suspension to standard with eibachs and a slight drop, de-rust it and that’s about it.

AL0wwQ8w8A6RI5zD6W3GZAJES5g-I3QdJXa1sVfz

I know I’m going to have trouble sourcing some parts, as the engine bay is fairly empty having had a diesel in it last hence it is missing all the small items for the petrol Jetronic engine – things like the fuel filter holder, ignition coil holder etc. I can't even remember what a standard 205 GTi engine bay looks like, so not sure what else I need. I'll think about that after I've swapped the fuel tank back to petrol ,rebuilt the rear beam and finish off everything on the rear.