• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
f.i.k

Bored dw10 block

f.i.k

Hi, I have small question... Maybe anybody know. Is all iron block same, or nothing? I want 96mm stroke in dw 10 block, and I want 87mm bore. But I little scary of it. Is not too big bore for dw10 with 85 original bore? Thanks. Sorry for my English.

Andy

2mm is quite a lot. However, the old Xu10 block at 86.00mm was taken to 88mm by a number of people on here, so if the casting is similar, you may be o.k I think I would be talking to the machinist who is doing the boring. Likely to have the relevant experience. 

f.i.k

I give 16 (rfv) head to this block, maybe it's similar, but I don't know, maybe piston wall in block is thickness (I wish not. :-D) It will be good, thanks. 

SRDT

On the DW10 and XUD turbo there is water between the bores:

b1bk15lc.gif

8 mm thick inter-cylinder with coolant passage hole at (C) and coolant plate at (D) to assist cooling of the top of the barrels

The only XUD block with a 86mm bore is the 2138cc N/A XUD11A but just like the XU10 there is only the small coolant passage hole on this particular block.

welshpug

why a dw10 not an xu10?

xu10 is known to be good at 87mm

f.i.k

All Dw10 have oil piston spray. In xu blocks have it only 120, 112 and 108kw I think. 

Ok, if it's better, I have one rfs block. Use it. Thanks.