• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Junior1

Lowering springs

Junior1

Hi guys, yesterday I tried to reassemble my new front struts With Pro Sport 40mm lowering springs. They only needed a few mil of compression with the clamps but when released they still felt quite slack inside the top and bottom cups. They are brand new shocks and springs? 

Junior1

Bump

Tom Fenton

If the dampers are standard length, and the springs are shorter to lower the car, then its probably not too surprising? A shorter damper to match the spring would be better. The car will probably drive like sh1t with no preload on the front springs.

Junior1

Yea definitely sold to me as the correct springs? I left one side complete so I could work off the old set to make sure the component order was right. Yea they are new standard dampers but thought that 40mm would be the most I'd get away with without shortened shocks? Cheers! 

Junior1

If all else fails can anyone recommend some decent shortened fronts? 

DamirGTI

Not sure about that "Pro Sport" brand ...

I'd highly recommend "Eibach" lowering springs , well known brand trough the years and pretty much the best in the spring business .

D