• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ATK

Upgraded Wiper Motor options & earth location?

ATK

Hi All

Wipers are really slow, going to do the usual strip down and regrease of the whole system but want to change the motor while I am at it. Are there any brand new wiper motors that fit without any modifications aside from the plug?

And where is the earth located for the wiper motor?

Cheers Alex

jackherer

106 motors fit IIRC.

Also there is this thread from a couple of days ago:

DamirGTI

Yup , 106 motors are pretty much direct fit .. and much better , not as much faster than the OE motor but stronger .

Certainly worthwhile upgrade .

306 motors fits too , with some connector re-wiring .

D

jackherer
27 minutes ago, DamirGTI said:

306 motors fits too , with some connector re-wiring .

I guess that's the same as the Xsara one in @K20205's thread..?

DamirGTI

Indeed , it'll be the same 306 and Xsara ... possibly just a little bit wiring/connector difference between the two .

Also , think the 206 and Xantia wiper motors could be used too (Ph1 206/Xantia models at least) .. by the looks , seems to be the same/similar type of the wiper motor as on the 106/306/Xsara ...

106 is by far the easiest to fit , as there's no need to rewire the connector its basically plug-and-play ! 

D

Edited by DamirGTI

welshpug

i guess you mean s1 106 Damir, as the s2 uses the sealed plug like a 306.

I think I have a 306 motor in mine though it has been so long since working on the car the memo is vague!    the motors seemed identical and to be honest probably not an upgrade at all, though will be a decade or two newer!     I have successfully stripped and regreased the unit for my zx, much the same motor in a very different assembly

DamirGTI
10 hours ago, welshpug said:

i guess you mean s1 106 Damir, as the s2 uses the sealed plug like a 306.

Right !

S1 106 Bosch wiper motors have same connector as on the 205 , so straight fit connector wise . 106 Valeo motors need some wiring work .

Well , i don't see it as an massive improvement on wiping speed in comparison to the old 205 motor (when serviced and re-greased) , but more "torque" on the 106 motor to move the wipers/wiper mechanism while driving fast when there's higher wind pressure on the windscreen ... seems to be more stronger to move the blades/wipe in such conditions rain + strong wind against the windscreen

, without slowing down or "dragging" the wiper blades on the glass . (say like driving on the motorway @ 80/85mph on a windy rainy day) 

If i remember , the magnets inside the 106 motor housing are smaller than on the 205 motor , but then there's more wire winding on the 106 motor .. thus me thinks making it stronger/having more "torque" than the 205 motor .

Of course , cleaning up and re-greasing the wiper mechanism does wonders ! certainly something which should be done periodically . 

Same goes for the motor , cleaning up the motor commutator with some fine scotchbrite pads , and re-greasing the gear part of the motor . 

D

• Like 1