• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bacardincoke

Re-Keying Door Lock...

bacardincoke

Found various (very) old posts on the forum and elsewhere discussing the re-keying of 205 locks to a single key, however didn't get a definitive answer...

My car seems to have all it's original Neiman locks with the one exception of the passenger door lock which has been replaced with a Valeo.

One key does all the Neimans and another different one does the Valeo only.

Not the end of the world as the passenger door works on the central locking and it'll probably be once in a blue moon that it's opened using its own additional key.

Having said that it'd be nice to have one key do all the cars locks.

The question is then, can the Valeo be re-keyed to match the Neimans? I'm hoping things may have moved on since the old posts I've seen and the answer is yes.

I've also found what I think is the original Neiman key number among the cars service paperwork... has anyone ordered a new lock using this number from Peugeot recently, is that even possible?

SRDT

Does the Valeo key blade looks like the Neiman one? If yes then you probably can.

You may need one or two extra locks anyway to find the right pins, they are named M,N,P,R and S. M correspond to the deeper cut on the key and S to no cut at all.

• Like 1

bacardincoke

Yes, the Neiman and Valeo keys are identical, it may even be that Neiman made the locks marketed as Valeo judging by some of the packaging I since seen on-line.

Sounds like the odd lock can be rekeyed then, just need some spare tumbers to match those in the main set.

Will try the main dealer when they re-open after the holidays, you never know!

As an aside I took the ignition lock out to give it a clean and grease as it was becoming quite clunky.

Probably common knowledge to longer term owners than me but just in case you're also a novice it's easy to do if you know the knack to it...

You'll need the key in the lock, turned to the position I've highlighted between 'A' and 'M'.

That allows the 2 x oblong pegs to move upwards and disengage from the corresponding holes in the black metal tube, the whole lot can be slide out then.

neiman 1.jpg

neiman 3.jpg

neiman 2.jpg

Tom Fenton

Contact leet205 (Colin)

The End