• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
K20205

205 xl reverse light wiring

K20205

Hey guys,

im at the last stages of my k20 build 205 i want to wire in the reverse light from the k20 gearbox but i cannot trace the wiring to the front fusebox, its a grey wire which come from the reverse light housing but it doesn't lead to anything.

Ryan

If I'm reading the wiring diagrams correctly then it looks like the fusebox sends 12V to the reverse switch from pin 3 of plug D (2nd socket on the front row, yellow plug), the wiring goes through the switch and back to pin 2 of plug D. Then the light is connected to pin 9 of plug G (1st socket on the back row, white plug), and the reverse light is earthed at the rear with the other lights.

jackherer

The best place to connect your reverse switch to is the brown multiplugs under the dash where the rest of the original engine loom connects to the chassis loom. Unless it's a phase 1 which will have the wiring for the reverse light switch in with the front lighting loom on the n/s inner wing.