• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HelmutGTI

Electrical question of the day?

HelmutGTI

Im struggling with my electricity with a lot of faults, mainly due to weird earth problems i guess.

I have cleaned and brushed all the earth point with no results.

Battery is brand new.

My problem is:

Tail lights only has a fade glow, rear side indocators also "glows" at the same time?? reverse light dead! licence plate light dead!

Front wipers starts when high beam is operated?

I have a couple of loose connectors from the main rear harness wich I can not source? See picture.

IMG_3738.thumb.jpg.dab986f6a2a15d4eecd912919a3c39ce.jpg

Edited by HelmutGTI

lagonda

A bit late, but better than no replies at all. ... The symptoms you describe are usually a result of a poor earth connection, which you probably already suspected. Checking various connections with a multimeter should lead you to the source of the problem. Wiring to the boot on my CTi will be completely different so unfortunately I can't comment on those, other than to say unconnected leads is normal for Peugeot. Some illogical moron at Peugeot decided to identify individual cables in the loom with an indistinct, tiny and often illegible numderic code .... if it can be found at all. This despite the wires being different colours, the normal, and sane way of working out the identity of eah wire.

bacardincoke

Mentioned elsewhere that some of the wiring for the lights on my car have been bodged in its past and that I'm working my way through sorting them out.

Just so happens I've reached the same left, rear lamp pictured in your post above.

The pale blue wire with the red plug and the pinkish wire with the black plug aren't connected to anything on my car either, however the yellow / green striped wire with the yellow plug is connected to a single spade on the rear of the lamp unit.

The blue wire is possibly marked '16A' and the pink one '65', though that's not certain.

tail wire 1.jpg

tail wire 2.jpg

tail wire 3.jpg