• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ogi205gti

XU10J4/S16 upgrade engine

welshpug

my gti6 engine was Dyno'd at 177 with Newman PH2's, around 200 when on throttle bodies.

so a lot easier and cheaper than your full engine build!

ogi205gti

I know, but the gti6 factory isn't exactly recommended for high rpm. In my opinion, I may be wrong. But I drive 306 gti6 everyday.

welshpug

never heard that, only about a Renault!

gti6 revs fine, limiter at 7700 on mine, standard hydraulic tapet, oem was 7450.

S16 limiter is 7000,   peak power for both engines is 6500rpm, more torque in the gti6

ogi205gti

I say. Maybe I'm wrong. A friend from Croatia has a gti6 made generally on the itb at 8500. The piston rod broke and exited the engine block.
I have two RFS engines but I do not have that much desire to put in 205. In Serbia, a friend had an RFS with 180hp, and better went this s16 with those specifications I wrote and had 177hp.
And RFS is expensive to do generally, and that engine without compression cannot go right.
I start working with s16 whatever it is.
PS. Question! Anyone have a sketch or dimensions and angles for a 4-2-1 Exhaust for S16 engine?
After all, if I'm not satisfied, I won't have the problem of removing and inserting xu10j4rs that have only crossed 80,000 kilometers
:)

petert

One of the reasons GTi6 goes a bit better than an S16 is the smaller squish distance. The best mod you can do for an S16 engine is to skim the block 1mm. The pistons will be flush with the deck and you’ll have 11:1 CR. You’ll need to use S16 pistons & rods, which have enough pocket depth to run my Stage I cam. This combo will make 185hp easily.

ogi205gti

When I sand a block by 1mm, what kind of cams do I have to put on? And to leave fabric s16 pistons and connecting rods? And the crankshaft fabricka s16 then has to be, because with 1.9td would go too many pistons?
Sorry for the bad translation.

petert

Either

86mm crank + S16 rods + S16 pistons - 1mm

ie 43mm + 152 + 39 = 234mm

or

88mm crank + S16 rods + S16 pistons and standard deck height.

ie 44 + 152 + 39 = 235mm

ogi205gti

Thank you. Then my better option is the 88m crankshaft?