• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

Powered by Toyota

mmt

Hi Guys,  
Looking for pointers end experience. 

want to build throttle bodies to m GTI6 engine by using old parts from the shed. 
the plan is to Cut a std inlet manifold - weld on a plate to the Cut off end - pair it to some Toyota Black top TBs. 

have it been done ? Would it work? 

My main worry is throttle cable setup, flow and under bonnet space. 

Any thoughts? 
thanks. 

welshpug

what size are blacktop bodies?

mmt

45mm at least mine are. 

welshpug

ideal then, flow will be fine for 220-240 odd, space in the bay is no issue, using the original manifold allows a good long curve, use the original fuel rail, cable is easy to sort, post some pictures of what you have.

mmt

Wondering if it is preferable to have long or short intake tubes between the TBs and the engine? 

is it important to keep the TBs level or is it ok to curbe them pointing somewhat downwards? 

the Peugeot setup is broader compared to the Toyota setup. Need to figure out How to match the more narrow TB setup to the wider Peugeot intake(this was My What dawned My flow concerns). 

welshpug

doesn't matter what angle the bodies are at especially, carbs is a different matter I believe but that's ancient tech :lol:

it is preferable to be longer, look up the satchell engineering intake manifold and you will see its at least twice as long as the Jenvey, which doesn't fit nicely  (points the intake at the slam panel/bonnet, making it impossible to have a  decent length), these make a fair bit more power on these engines.