• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DSYKES5500

Filling up problem

DSYKES5500

Hi all,

I'm having a real issue filling up with petrol.  I have to be really careful and click the pump halfway for a second, let it settle, click again, etc. it takes AGES to fill up.  If I fill up as you normally would I get a blow back of about a litre of petrol all over the rear quarter and the floor.  I've tried all angles and just can't seem to get it right.  Is there a certain knack that I'm not aware of?!

Thanks!

Callum

I believe its a breather in the filler neck that's either blocked or needs replacing it's in the rear arch somwhere unsure where myself but I do need to find out as mine sometimes is awakard filling up 

Edited by Callum

Ozymandis

I have seven 205`s and all of them are the same, everyone I ever filled in the past, petrol or diesel was the same, in my opinion its just a s*it filling system. When full you wait and the level in the filler neck slowly falls ,its the worst part about 205`s. We fill our diesels from 25ltr drums and even the flow rate from them sometimes overwhelms the breather. I think the saddle shape of the tanks isnt helping and is possibly why the level slowly falls when You think its brimmed. I dont think You have a blocked breather.

I noticed this is my 333rd post, does this make me 1/2 evil?

Edited by Ozymandis
amusement
  • Like 1

jackherer

There are people on here who say they can fill their 205s up with no problems but I'm with Jay ^^^ Every 205 I have ever put fuel into has this problem going back over twenty years!

Tom Fenton

All of mine fill OK.

It helps if you point the petrol nozzle at a bit of a jaunty angle so the fuel stream is directed down the filler pipe in the wheelarch.

In all the years of owning them, I've only ever once had one burp fuel over my trousers.

Ozymandis

Tom, Your artistry and skill with the nozzle truly impress me, I have lost count at the number of times its all spewed down the tyre, I doff my flat hat to You.

• Haha 1

DSYKES5500

Thanks everyone!  I'll give it all a check over this weekend.