• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SootySport

Lower arm bushes

SootySport

I’m looking for the lower arm bushes.  One has a 10mm bolt fixing and the other has a 12mm bolt fixing, is this right? 
I can find the 10mm  bush but not the 12mm version.  Can anyone tell where I can buy the 12mm version?

9DB90993-DC29-479E-A7E7-2663318A9593.jpeg

boldy205

I've always used Superflex bushes. Although most use the OE ones, even for track use. 

welshpug

bakerbm are working on them

SootySport

Does that mean you can’t buy the   12mm Ones then?

jackherer

Peugeot don't make them any more and the aftermarket ones aren't fit for purpose.

Hopefully BakerBM get them sorted soon.

I recently fitted some old stock genuine OE bushes to mine and I'd forgotten how good they were, I'd been trying to tell myself the pattern ones that I had before were OK but they definitely weren't.

SootySport

Had a look on Servicebox and the part numbers for-

10mm. Is 3523-31

12mm. Is 3523-23

so looking for them now.

SootySport

Also looking for the swivel that the ARB attaches to, can't see that on Service box.

DamirGTI
10 hours ago, jackherer said:

I'd been trying to tell myself the pattern ones that I had before were OK but they definitely weren't.

Which one of the pattern ones Kieran ?

You'll be surprised what you can find in some re-boxed aftermarket bushes brands ! 

D

SootySport

I've found some Febi and First line versions but no oe's yet.

DamirGTI

Febi and First line are kinda poor quality ... personally i'd avoid them .

Try :

- Sasic

- Lemforder

- Hutchinson

... I've ordered twice Sasic brand bushes and inside the package where the OE "Kleber Industrial" bushes ... apparently Kleber makes rubber parts for Sasic .

Also , Lemforder bushes often come as re-packed Kleber's .. tricky part might be finding some still on stock .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

welshpug

had no issue with febi stuff, have bought motaquip ones years ago that were Kleber like oem ones but that was some time ago

SootySport

What about the the swivel pin on the end of the arm?  Do you have to buy the whole arm if that’s worn out?

Tom Fenton

Yes, unless your existing ones are very very good then it can be a false economy putting new bushes in an old arm.

SootySport

I’ll keep the existing arms, rubber boot is sealing ok and the In is tight but moves.

SootySport

I’ve given up on removing the old bushes, they are well rusted in so new arms to buy now.:(

Tom Fenton

25mm holesaw, cut through the rubber push the centre piece out. With a hacksaw cut into the steel shell, once nicked through the steel will push out easily. You then need a press or a strong vice will probably do to fit the new bushes.

SootySport
23 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

25mm holesaw, cut through the rubber push the centre piece out. With a hacksaw cut into the steel shell, once nicked through the steel will push out easily. You then need a press or a strong vice will probably do to fit the new bushes.

Yes, done all that but can’t push out the outer sleeve, it’s well rusted in even using the vice.   Spent a whole day on them so giving up now and ordered new arms.

welshpug

they fall out once you cut the sleeve.

Tom Fenton
53 minutes ago, SootySport said:

Yes, done all that but can’t push out the outer sleeve, it’s well rusted in even using the vice.   Spent a whole day on them so giving up now and ordered new arms.

You can’t have done everything I said as the outer steel shells would be in the bin. I’ve done dozens of these bushes and it works every time. Cut through the steel shell with a hacksaw. It will then tap out of the wishbone with little to no effort.

SootySport

There's rust Tom and then there is rust.   My new arms arrived today so they are going on, saves time and money, cleaning, painting and buying new bushes. 

I'm a busy boy, have started on my Westfield winter repairs and upgrades as well.