• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lexvox

Convert 5 door to 3 door?

lexvox

I know this might be a long shot but here goes. I have found a 205 with 28k for sale. And it looks well with the exception of some scratches and small bumps from the old lady it belonged to. Supposedly sat in a garage for all it's life and wasnt driven in bad weather. Only catch is it's a 5 door but I don't like those at all. Since the price is at 500$ I really am thinking of buying this one so my question is if it could be converted to a 3 door. I really want to put a t16 bodykit on it which of course doesn't work on the 5 door. Since I want to put that bodikit on I'd be willing to make a fair bit of modifications to the car to make it fit. Is this possible or do the 3 door and 5 door have different dimensions (e.g. wheelbase, b-pillar palcement,).

Please don't tell me how stupid this sounds because I know but I really want this to work out.

Thanks

Tom Fenton

Is it possible, yes

Is it worth doing, no

Buy a 3 door car if that’s what you want

Ozymandis

Buy it, keep it standard, twenty years hence it will be much rarer than any GTI.

Dont buy it if You seriously want to try doing as You said.

Let an enthusiast of the 4 door hatchback have it to cherish.

Get another car with the correct  number of doors