• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mark ford

Oil sump

Mark ford

Hi can anyone help me regarding replacing the oil sump on my 205gti 1.9, I have been shopping around and trying to find a new one to buy but they don't seem to exist. From what I understand the sumps for the 1.6 are a different size in the depth and you can still buy them brand new how come you can't for the 1.9 or am I not looking properly, I would be grateful if someone has any knowledge on this subject. Many thanks mark 

jackherer

The 1.6 sump is deeper than the 1.9, the 1.9 uses a block stiffener between the block and the sump (often called the sump spacer) so the sump itself is shallower to compensate.

Mark ford

Hi Jack thanks for your reply regarding the oil sump, yes I understand the set up with the block stiffener plate, my question is can you still buy a new sump for the 1.9 or will it be a used one only. My 205gti is a H plate 1990 phase 1.5.

Many thanks mark 

Tom Fenton

AUTODOC list a 1.9 sump at around £40. I can’t tell you if it’s definitely correct or not though.

Mark ford

Hi Jack thanks for your reply regarding the oil sump, yes I understand the set up with the block stiffener plate, my question is can you still buy a new sump for the 1.9 or will it be a used one only. My 205gti is a H plate 1990 phase 1.5.

Many thanks mark 

Hi Tom

Many thanks for the information I will look into and see what I can fnd out.

Cheers mark 

Thijs_Rallye

As far as I can see there are two possibilities: 0301.F1 and 0301.F6. Both steel and both for use in combination with a strenghtening plate.

Most aftermarket sites (powered by autodoc or cleverlog) don't really "know" the difference between a XU9J1 and XU9JA(Z) sump. If you search on OEM number your chances of receiving the correct parts go up considerably.

image.thumb.png.4860e0048ba8759ea99c0a0771f52f42.png

image.thumb.png.8a5ac41ec719026e603de4038f16d304.png