• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Spesh

few questions - gti6 wiring/plugs

Spesh

IMG_20190821_132030.thumb.jpg.36b528de0d60bebc809c1bf9190db93b.jpg

Bought the engine complete out of a 205 so, in theory, is should just work however I've a few loom niggles to sort.

Can't quite work out what those 2 plugs are for, someone in book face suggested aircon and evap leftovers? 

brown plug is green and red and the blue plug is green/yellow and green. 

IMG_20190821_141511.thumb.jpg.45e2e9c0aa85613eb3ab7afb97136702.jpg

managed to bust this, think its the oil temp sensor and I have a wire that looks like it should be on there, does anyone know a part number for the sensor? 

IMG_20190821_160958.thumb.jpg.c3052f0a4b064e62ee21175f89300cc6.jpg

and lastly there is this plug that's very close to the ecu plug, wire colour would suggest diagnostics? 

Thanks in advance, struggling a bit with the loom as it's been extended with random colour wires which is making some id difficult 

Blue one could be for the PAS sensor in that location.  Brown one may well be for the EVAP valve - is a brown 2-pin on mine.

Spesh

thanks, I've been belling out what I can and neither of those 2 plugs come to the brown plug ends and look like they were well tucked away. 

I've got the larger brown plug sorted but I'm a little stuck on the smaller plug right now. 

I've got starter and switched live confirmed. 

pretty sure I've got the fuel pump as a large white 120a from the double relay. 

however I'm stuck on which is which of the 2 remaining. 

I have a beige that goes back to the ECU (number is unreadable) and a black that goes up towards the coil packs and wired through what feels like a bunch of shrink wrapped resistors or diodes, picute below. my understanding one should be tacho output and the other a common earth. 

IMG_20190822_124545.thumb.jpg.d0b02157b5729e12432ca25aec16fa2e.jpg

confined the small plug near the ecu as old school diagnostics too. 

Edited by Spesh

Spesh

so the beige wire goes to pin 9 on the ecu plug which is the MIL? even more confused now the joys of someone else's wiring lol. I suspect that the common earth (would be m444 on the gti6 loom) is actually on the earth tag on the gearbox (can't actually find a cable marked m444 though). 

boldy205

Think I'm right in saying:

The first two are as u say, and dont need to be used.

The one in the sump in an oil level senso, which again doesn't need to be used. 

Might give u a point in the right direction. 

Matt

Spesh

Thanks for the reply boldy.  I'm pretty confident the two loose plugs are redundant however it seems the one in the sump is actually oil temp.

boldy205

Ah yes, could well be. Was a while ago I did mine!

Hope it's all going well!