• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Callum

Rear disc and pads

Callum

My car has failed its mot on the handbrake not being good enough, I've cleaned the sliders on the caliper and replacing the handbrake cables, I've also checked the arms are moving freely and going to check and lubricate the piston. I want to replace the discs and pads as they aren't the best what's a good replacement? I don't need anything fancy just something that does the job on a road only car 

Telf

I fitted standard ferodo when I built mine

Anthony

As Paul said above, for a road car standard is absolutely fine and just get something from a known brand.

The only thing I would suggest against from personal experience are Pagid pads that ECP/CP4L sell - I've used them extensively in the past without issue, but recently (as in last 2-3 years or so) I wonder if they've changed the compound as I've had repeated problems on different cars with brake judder akin to warped disks due to what I believe is pad material deposits.  In each case, I couldn't find anything amiss with the calipers/sliders etc and after replacing the disks/pads with another brand there's been no further issues.

welshpug

oem was textar, might find oem on ebay btw

Callum

I went for some bendix ones as gsf had them in stock and I was picking up some handbrake cables from there anyway