• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
siddleg

205 gti sump issues purchasing

siddleg

Just thought I'd post my experience of buying and fitting a new sump.

i needed to replace the sump on my 1.6 as someone had used it as a jacking point it would seem.

They are plenty of new sumps for sale all over the place but after having several and sending them back because nether the original sump plug or oil temp switch would fit into the new sump wrong size and threads. Part number SP1401. I tried everywhere but Peugeot main stealers as they wanted £168 for a sump. 

In the end I had to admit defeat and buy one which I knew wouldn't fit straight on. I resorted to having to drill out and re-tap and die the hole at the rear for the oil temp sender to fit. My local engine rebuilder charged me £25 which isn't bad just not as straight forward as it should be. 

Tom Fenton

Bit late now but you can get a oil temp sender with the smaller thread. Admittedly you shouldn’t have to do so.

siddleg
22 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Bit late now but you can get a oil temp sender with the smaller thread. Admittedly you shouldn’t have to do so.

I thought of that but my local parts supplier couldn't supply one lol so I gave it up as a bad job.