• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

maarten vdh

205 1.6 CTI , Trackday stock suspension improvements.

maarten vdh

Hello,

I recently bought and restored a 1.6 CTi from 1986.  Because of the Belgian laws, i was obliged to make it full stock to pass the MOT.
I'm going to go to a trackday soon and have semislicks ready to go. 
My question is, Will the stock suspension handle this? I'm scared of possible rollover with the semislicks. And what can i best do to prevent this? I'm thinking of anti roll bars, but i have no idea. 
Does anyone have experience with the 1.6 CTI suspension? 

i'm totally new to the 205, so if you could give some detailed exlaination that would be awesome! 

sp_en_ny

Don't really answer your question but i have a cti and put a gti subframe on mine and so now also have gti dampers (bilsteins b4) with eibach springs aswell. No regrets whatsoever. Is it better? Imo yes but I don't use it for track days.  You do notice the bumps in the road more than I used to, its not harsh just noticeable.  A cti would not be the best choice of car for a track car.

camgti

Dont put the slicks on. You will have more fun with treaded tyres. 

The inly thing you could do is fit a thicker rear roll bar. Otherwise you really just beed to get front GTi subframe and springs/dampers and rear arb and torsion bars.

just enjoy it for what it is. The slicks will ruin your bushes. 

Put the gti stuff on all together or it will be rubbish if you do them at different stages. 

ALEX

The suspension setup on the CTI is the same as the XS and I think the Ralley and GT. I've seen plenty of these at track days so you should be fine.

Not an ideal track day car but should be good for a fun day out and at least you'll be cool with the roof down if you're allowed it. The CTI floor is stiffened up considerably compared to the GTI to compensate the lack of roof and mine handles almost as good as a GTI even on stock springs.