• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
03hawkinst

205 XS Big Valve head conversion

03hawkinst

I’ve got my hand on a spare 205 XS cylinder head and I’m looking at modifying for my 205.

The two roads I am looking to go down are eather

1. Keep it fairly standard but get it gas flowed, inlet matched and just generally refurb it maybe also get some sinus valves for it or skinny down the ones I have.

2. Same as above but... Go all out and as a bit of a project over the winter fit the valves out of a TU5. 

Now i I was wondering if anyone has tried this? Or if it’s a stupid idea, waste of time, not possible etc....

Ive mocked up what the bigger valves look like in the picture below. My concerns are valve to cylinder bore clearance and “shrouding” around the inlet.

what do you guys think? Cheers

FC09BB7B-083A-4C26-BDFE-C1EC5FC7836B.jpeg

calvinhorse

Are you staying 1360cc? What block are you using? 

What is the intention of the engine? 

03hawkinst

Yes I’m keep the capacity at 1360cc, is is the alloy block.

And the plan is to make a fast road engine. The end goal for the time being is modified standard 32/34 twin choke carb, modified head as mentioned above, a Catcams 4901105 which is a 284 duration and 0.1mm lift and valve lift of 10.45mm. And a custom 4-2-1 manifold to suit the camshaft. 

The cylinder head will outflow the inlet inlet I should imagine but I’m wanting to futureproof it incase I go down the twin 40 DCOE route later down the line. 

Cheers