• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gavin Waddell

Repinning engine loom plugs

Gavin Waddell

As per title, I have a monotronic 3.1 set up that I’m going to start installing, I’ve been looking att the loom and some of the plugs have gotten a bit worse for wear. I was wanting to change some of the wiring from plug to écu but need to locate some new pins to crimp on.

I’ve looked at Ryan’s website where he lists plugs etc but can’t seem to find any thing in what type of pins our used.  Any one got an idea or is it a case of unpinning the plug looking at the connector and looking through the Te catalogue or pole volt catalogue.

thanks gavin 

Thijs_Rallye

Bosch Junior timer contacts normally.

DamirGTI

I'm in the process of doing the same thing .. i just bought an donor loom with better connectors/wiring to cut and replace (mainly injector connectors and injector wiring) , so worth looking at the scrapyard for the loom with the same connectors in better condition .

D

Henry Yorke

They are not cheap some of these connectors and can only be bought in bags of 20 etc

Andy

Morning,

if they are for the injectors, crank sensor , water temp sensor or reversing light switch, junior power timer pins and connectors . If they are for the white/ brown/ yellow/ red Peugeot connectors  then the female ones are 6542.19, or 20, or 22 depending on the wire gauge, and male 6542.59 or V5 , again depending upon wire gauge . Peugeot dealers can get these easily but , as Henry says, they come in bags of 10 or 20 and work out at over 60p per pin . The coloured housings are not available , so extract pins carefully. The female ones come out easily with a very fine bladed screwdriver. The male ones are a bit more awkward .

Andy

Tom Fenton
19 hours ago, DamirGTI said:

I'm in the process of doing the same thing .. i just bought an donor loom with better connectors/wiring to cut and replace (mainly injector connectors and injector wiring) , so worth looking at the scrapyard for the loom with the same connectors in better condition .

D

The terminals for the JPT plugs are not expensive, better to crimp new on where needed than to have joints to short bits of wire etc.

Thijs_Rallye
DamirGTI
5 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

The terminals for the JPT plugs are not expensive, better to crimp new on where needed than to have joints to short bits of wire etc.

In ideal world Tom yes .. i do agree ... have some major financial issues so every penny means really much to me , also i have no bank cards to order stuff from other countries and no one of the car parts shops sells such items here .

Anyways , i still need to replace an length of the wiring along with the connectors , as the wire insulation is really bad crusty/heat melted and peeling off if twisted :

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

IMG_7905.JPG

Andy

Ouch. Looks as if they do need replacing ! Someone on here may have a spare engine management loom in decent condition that they could let you have at a modest price..

DamirGTI

Yeah , not so good condition ..

This one is from an 605 2.0 8v , my intention is to use it as an loom for Motronic 3.1 conversion .

Even if someone have better one the postage cost will "kill the deal" ! .. that's the "joy" of living in the Eastern Europe .

I'll just fix this one and will see what happens .

D

SRDT

Is there a topic about the Motronic 3.1? I have some documents about it.

Thijs_Rallye
11 hours ago, SRDT said:

Is there a topic about the Motronic 3.1? I have some documents about it. 

I have interest in these documents as well :).

welshpug
On 1/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, DamirGTI said:

no one of the car parts shops sells such items here .

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

IMG_7905.JPG

nor here Damir, you would use an electronics supplier like RS or Farnell, they arent especially specific to automotive other than most using keyways and colour coding.

Gavin Waddell

Cheers guys

there really is a wealth of information on here, I love the way people openly share their knowledge  and don’t just criticise people for asking questions.

i am going to go through my loom and see what is needed to make it good again. 

Does any any one have a list of pin outs in the écu plug and maybe plug...... actually may be a wiring diagram  for monitor is 3.1

thanks Gavin 

jackherer
2 hours ago, welshpug said:

nor here Damir, you would use an electronics supplier like RS or Farnell, they arent especially specific to automotive other than most using keyways and colour coding.

Motor Parts Direct stock the entire Durite range - https://www.durite.co.uk/s/c/wiring-accessories/connectors-bus-bars-and-junction-boxes/multiple-connectors/junior-power-timer-connectors

I just looked at their store finder - https://www.mpdonline.co.uk/branch-finder - they do seem to be limited to the south of England but any motor factors should be able to get Durite parts.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, DamirGTI said:

Even if someone have better one the postage cost will "kill the deal" ! .. that's the "joy" of living in the Eastern Europe .

I just checked and it looks like I could send you up to 30KG for £23.58 which doesn't seem too bad for that much weight but there is nothing really less than that for smaller items. If you want to get some things sent to me until there is 30KG I'll then send them on to you in one box if you like. That's using DPD via parcel2go.com

1753177411_ScreenShot2019-02-01at12_21_39.png.6f94361b85399d65bf1286c489023020.png

• Like 1

barneys66

Don't forget the Post Office International Standard for small parts:

The maximum combined parcel length, width and thickness is 90cm with no single side longer than 60cm and weight up to 2kg

<250g - £4.45

<1kg - £8.65

<2kg - £12.10

And everything in between https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/international-standard

DamirGTI

For now i'll just "stitch up" this loom which i have .. it'll be for the project/test anyway , if it turns up to be good this Motronic 3.1 conversion (considering my first try/test will be on an high compression engine) will redo the loom afterwards if it will be needed .. perhaps lengthen the wiring to be able to fit the ECU in the cabin as well .

2 hours ago, jackherer said:

I just checked and it looks like I could send you up to 30KG for £23.58 which doesn't seem too bad for that much weight but there is nothing really less than that for smaller items. If you want to get some things sent to me until there is 30KG I'll then send them on to you in one box if you like. That's using DPD via parcel2go.com

Yes , that seems to be reasonable price ! will defiantly need some bits and pieces from UK for my future projects as a lot of the parts are notoriously hard to find over here . Will contact you when the time comes .

Thanks mate ! :)

DamirGTI
7 hours ago, Thijs_Rallye said:

I have interest in these documents as well :).

Me too !!

D

SRDT
4 hours ago, DamirGTI said:

Me too !!

D

Done:

• Thanks 1

Thijs_Rallye
23 hours ago, SRDT said:

Done:

Merci :D !