• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ATK

Cheap insurer recommendations?

ATK

So it’s that time again, insurance renewal! 

Been with greenlight/highway since I’ve had the Pug. 

Looking to go for cheapest decent insurer. Got nine SP30 points at the moment sadly, one fault accident claim but this was on a different fleet policy and I have 10 years protected NcB. 35 years old, male. 

No major mods to the Pug other than k&n and lowered 30mm. 

Not too bothered about agreed value this time. 

any recommendations? 

jackherer

I've been with Greenlight for ages too, it goes up every year and I have been meaning to phone around but I always ended up renewing out of laziness.

However this year I spent ages phoning loads of companies and repeating the same stuff over and over but none of them got anywhere near Greenlight so I am still with them.

Roon

I just left green light as their renewal and tbh last years price just isn’t good enough. 

So spent the morning ringing around and got the best price and agreed value from HIC insurance. Very professional quick and worked hard to tweak things to get the pounds off. 

Overall saved just over 80 pounds on a lowish premium to start with so very happy. The mileage and proof of value ect is all very easy with their online account they give you. A large agreed value too on there. 

Mines heavily modified but do have a clean licence and A* postcode ‘apparently’ 

I would give them a whirl. 

Good luck 

barneys66

RH Classics have been unbeatable for me (on all mine) but they're one of the few that will insure it because of the cage. 

Worth a try though, as their package is great - breakdown cover (incl Euro), salvage retention, cover for spares not fitted, etc, etc. 

Wallby

I used Lancaster recently, basically asked me what I would be happy to pay then matched it! Wish I said a lower amount now!

SootySport

I’m with performance direct for £99 year.  Also try A Plan at Thatcham.  The 9 points and accident doesn’t help You at all, a new insurer may not honour your existing NCB so may be better off where you are now.

Reduce the initial premium by having limited mileage, park off road or garage,   One driver,    no Legal Help ( you maybe covered somewhere else such as Home Insrunce Policy, other car insurance policy or through your Trade Union membership).

All the extras can double your premium if you look closely at the breakdown of costs.

Edited by SootySport