• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ArthurH

Wiring questions 8v 1.6

dale205mills
9 hours ago, jackherer said:

No!

It's what they call a 'flying lead loom'. not the 4 cylinder fully assembled one for three times the price!

This:

flying_lead_harness_loom_with_emerald_ec

Not this:

4_cylinder_generic_loom_harness_for_emer

Thanks jack

Miles

Most phase 1 dash's are the same, its only really the A and B reg ones that are different along with the entire loom again.

ArthurH

As part of the work we have done over the winter, we have run new wires to the transponder.  It is very simple wiring and I'm sure it will be OK, but I do like to check things before race days.  Does anyone know a way of testing that a transponder is working correctly away from a circuit?

ArthurH

Another question.  I discovered that both the high and low pressure fuel pumps are being powered through the loom by the same, comparatively thin, blue wire.  It looks like a previous owner has used a chock block to splice in a 'spur' connection to the HP pump.  I'm not sure what current the pumps pull, but the one wire looks inadequate to me.  I would have thought that GTI models would have left the factory with a HP pump, so there should have been a second wire in the loom.  Is that the case?  If so, any idea what colour it would be?