• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

maxi

Do you think this is wrong for a genuine car....

maxi

So......

Im to take delivery of a very genuine cared for 205 soon.  I am going to have a second set of correct alloys refurbed for it, bearing in mind everything is original on the car at the mo, do we think its wrong to put 195/50 15 tyres on there instead of the 185/55 15 from the factory?

I will start a topic thread once the car is here.

Maxi

Tom Fenton

Personally if it’s that good, then it deserves it’s proper size tyre.

Philpooma

I would say that if you want to do something to your car then do it.

Anyway putting a different tyre size on a rim isnt like you are doing something irreversible to an otherwise factory std car.

If you sell the car and the new owner doesnt like it, its an easy fix. 

welshpug

I dont think it matters especially, if its a car you intend to use then a 195 50 is a size much better catered for, its not just the cost aspect any more.

that said, a modern eco tyre in a 185 55 size may well have as much grip as a 'performance' tyre from 30 years ago!

Leslie green

Unless its for a concours car then it doesn't matter one bit ,most genuine well cared for cars tend to end up as garage queens in a carcoon anyway instead of being driven incase they depreciate with use !

Telf

im fitting 195/50s to mine, I don't give two hoots about the original size, its my car so ill do as I please!

maxi

Thanks for the input guys. 

Tom, YES, the car is THAT GOOD. 1 owner from new, every receipt, all original stereo equipment, original dealer plates, original security stickers on glass, original factory floor mats, original bill of sale you get the gist.......

I think I will update to a 195 50 15.

Maxi

maxi

Just to make it clear, the car wont be going anywhere, it will be staying in my collection, driven, enjoyed and treasured.

Maxi

steve@cornwall

2 sets of wheels? 2 sets of tyres. job done