• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Telf

Wiring hell..

Telf

I've been slowly going through all the looming that came off the 205 repairing it as I go. I've now refitted most of the plugs to the fuse box but have a few cables that don't seem to have a home and a socket in the fuse box that doesn't have a plug when I'm sure it should. 

I'm going to list them over a few days in the hope the collective knowledge here can help out. 

I am using the cable idents and have sorted quite a few but some allude me. The most frustrating thing is I labelled all the plugs I disconnected but the workshop didn't bother when they stripped the looms out.

Telf

Number 1:

-----------------

So here's the first one: socket in the corner of the fuse box. With every plug refitted there doesn't seem to be one here. Anyone any idea? I think it's socket X which seems to be for the ancillaries in the doors?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1542017209492.jpg_1542017211954.jpeg

Telf

Number 2

----------------

Heres number 2!

A single spade connector coming on a short lead from the bulkhead seal . The code on it may read C9???

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1542017768796.jpg_1542017776945.jpeg

Andy

For the number 1 question, according to the Haynes manual, one wire from socket X, number 100 goes to the central locking control switch. I have just checked my car, phase 2, with central locking but not remote , and socket X is unused 

• Thanks 1