• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Telf

Wiring question

Telf

I'm just sorting the wiring in the fuse board area. Came across the block pictured . It has a SIEM label omit and contains a fuse. I'm presuming it's for the spots? It terminates at the yellow plug pictured in the fuse board

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1541848766711.jpg_1541848768917.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1541848796184.jpg_1541848797877.jpeg

Telf

It's also got this gash jumper on it which I presume shouldn't be there!

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1541849100474.jpg_1541849103369.jpeg

jackherer

I can't remember what that is for but it's not the driving lights, it says 'SEIM' not "SIEM'!

Also is it definitely a resistor? I seem to recall a part like that with a diode in, presumably to stop something being backfed...?

The red DIY crimp connector is definitely not original.

Are there any wire numbers visible?

jackherer

32A is an ignition switched +12v live feed so that is probably true of all wires beginning with 32. The badly crimped on connector was probably supplying power to an aftermarket device of some sort that only came on with the ignition.

M is used for grounds (Masse en Français) so it probably isn't an M.

That's definitely a diode.

welshpug

which pin of that yellow plug in the fuseboard does it go to?