• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Greengti1

Rear trail arm fitting

Greengti1

Hi all,

just a quick question please.

i am rebuilding my rear beam, I have anew tube, bearing and trail arm tubes fitted and I am just about to fit the tail arms to the tube.

i inserted the trail arm tubes last nigh and they slid in well apart from the last cm or 2 ish.

Before i get my lump hammer out to seat the new shafts on the bearing I just wanted to check this is correct.

at this point I would rather ask a silly question then risk getting it wrong.

thanks very much for your help.

adam 

Ozymandis

You mean the pivot shafts into the roller bearings I presume.

They should go in with a bit of fiddling, If your beating them in with a lump hammer then somethings not right.

Greengti1

Hi yes that's what I meant, thanks.

if a little fiddling is all that's required and not any force I am glad I asked!  I willl have another look later.

thanks

adam 

pug_ham

I noticed this on the last 306 beam I built using the Peugeot rebuild bearing kits, the radius arm shaft goes tight through the bearings for the last 10-15mm.

I knocked the arm fully home when it first happened & then pulled it apart to check nothing had moved.

It was all as I'd built it up so I put it all back together & it's been fine on the car for over 20k since.

g

Greengti1

Hi

yes I went back to the garage I purchased it from and they said it was common on those tubes and bearing sets.  They recommended using a hammer (not to hard!) to locate it fully.

i will have a go at the weekend if I get time.