• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

siddleg

Pug 1 off piper exhaust

siddleg

Has anyone bought the SS exhaust that pug 1 off have for the 205? 

Any good ? What's it sound like? 

Thanks in advance 

siddleg

it turns out i need an exhaust manifold too as mine is cracked 

can anyone recommend a stainless steel one? 

anyone heard anything about the pug1off piper exhaust? it seems fairly priced compared to others i've seen. 

20five_t

You're probably aware, but exhaust manifolds are still available aren't they. 034194

siddleg

Better off with a S/S one though if I'm I have to change it ? 

Can anyone recommend a stockist? 

Tom Fenton

I’d say yes and no to the stainless being better to be honest. Because of the design you need a hard lower engine mount so you don’t crack it. Depending on tolerances they can rub the bulkhead. The joint can be a twat to seal! To fit it you may need to drop the subframe to get it in!

The standard item is also hard to better performance wise as anyone who read the Max Power feature in the early 90’s will remember.

The one to have back in the day was the Magnex, I doubt you’ll find a new one but there should be second hand out there still.

welshpug

with an 8v you can drop a magnex in from the top without removing the subframe.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F351987624459

these appear to be a modern take on the Magnex (which are no longer making 205 stuff, the brand name.was sold to a different factory)

I have a magnex myself with the old cone and spring joint which always leaks replaced by a flexible joint as pictured on the ebay manifold, no more leaks!

tartanbloke

Honestly, I ditched the Magnex system on mine for a standard set up with the split in the downpipe and not only is it much quieter at cruising speed on the motorway, it actually makes a nice rasping noise.

My recommendation would be to get an OEM system, which do crop up now and again second hand.