• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kostas205

Wheel Bearing Brand

kostas205

Hello,

I am about to change the front wheel bearings of my 205. Which brand to choose?

Thanks.

Cobalt_drill_bit

My car parts store guy recommended me a SKF wheel bearing. But Jay (Ozymandis) on this forum said SKF was bad regarding driveshafts.

Edited by Cobalt_drill_bit

Ozymandis
15 hours ago, Cobalt_drill_bit said:

My car parts store guy recommended me a SKF wheel bearing. But Jay (Ozymandis) on this forum said SKF was bad regarding driveshafts.

I have no problem with SKF wheel bearings, or SNR, INA, FAG,KOYO,NTN,IRB, Timkin or any bearing made in Korea, Europe, Japan, Taiwan or The States. Dont get Powerdrive, Orbis, Lucas,Continental  they are s*ite. I have seen all of them fail quickly. That said all the SKF I used were made in Spain, France or Germany, I`d check the country of origin and make sure they werent Chinese, Polish,Russian or Indian. If you get Firstline distributed parts in your country they have an assortment of good brands in the firstline boxes, not the Keyparts cheap range though they are s*ite. I did have a FAG Italian made VW transporter bearing fail after 2 months the ABS magnetic thingy failed, so Im sort of put off FAG these days.

Many bearings are reboxed by parts disributors, get the seller to have a look in the boxes and see what the actual bearing manufacturer is not the boxer`s brand name.