• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ablaze10

Tires

Ablaze10

Hi guys! I am planning to purchase a set of tires for my 1990 Peugeot 205 GTI. Has anyone here heard of Toyo tiresProxes A20? A friend recommended it to me. 

jackherer

It looks like A20 is only available in 18" in the UK.

What car did your friend run them on? A tyre that is good on a heavy car wont necessarily work well on a light 205.

Is your 205 a 1.6 or 1.9? If it's a 1.9 are you aware you can run 195/50R15 instead of the original 185/55R15? There is a lot more available in 195 for a better price in the UK at least.

Daxed

Never used the A20, but as stated above choose from tried and tested recommendations suitable for the light weight.

The summer/winter temp gradient is a lot different here in the UK to your locale and I'm looking to swap between summer/winter TYRES for a daily drive. At somewhere between 5 & 7 degrees C .

Have driven this summer (unusual in the UK but this year true) on Nankang NS2R's and for the price per corner (as also stated above in 195/50R15) they are exceptional, quiet (compared to the rattles), grippy & full of feedback. No idea how long they last, but don't care much.

Anyhow, until you call them TYRES, that's enough from me.

Pop a pic of your car up - Does it it get looked at over there?